EM5 is a version of EMAS. It contains esters formed by mixing acetic acid and alchol. EM5 is mainly used to prevent pest and disease problems in crops. Besides, it is also effective to control odor in animal husbandry.
Materials For 1,000ml
Clean water 600ml
Distilled spirits*2 100ml
Process of preparation
1. Blend the molasses with water, ensuring complete dilution. If required warm water could be used to hasten the process of dilution.
2. Add vinegar and spirits, followed by EM・1.
3. Pour the mixed solution into a container, which can be closed tightly. Close the lid tightly, removing excess air, to develop anaerobic conditions. The chopped vegetable material could be added to this container. (Please note- Glass containers should not be used in the tropics)
4. Store in a warm place.
(20-30℃) place, away from direct sunlight.
5. Release gas at regular intervals by partially opening the container and closing it again within a short time.
6. This solution is ready for use when the pH drops below 4.0 which take approximately 10-15 days.